This retail store manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Retail Store Manager
Retail Store Manager Job Purpose: Serves customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff.
Retail Store Manager Job Duties:
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Pricing, Vendor Relationships, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Management Proficiency, Client Relationships, Verbal Communication
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire:
How Hiring Veterans Can Boost Business
Red Flags and Warnings in the Interview Process
Evaluate a Job Candidate's Social Skills