This payroll supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Payroll Supervisor
Payroll Supervisor Job Purpose: Pays employees by compiling and processing payroll information; maintaining records.
Payroll Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes payroll human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
- Prepares pay by verifying time records; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and producing quarterly incentive bonuses.
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings; negotiating with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Purchases savings bonds by maintaining deduction records; completing forms; coordinating renewable limits register; initiating deductions; ordering bonds; recording purchases.
- Maintains life insurance by updating calculations; preparing check requests; initiating disbursements.
- Remits tax payments by collecting and verifying data; preparing federal, state, and local tax reports, and W2 statements; initiating payment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Tax, Compensation and Wage Structure, Worker Compensation, Benefits Administration, Employment Law, Analyzing Information , Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication
Learn more about how the hiring process: