This patient transportation manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Patient Transportation Manager
Patient Transportation Manager Job Purpose: Supports patient service and operations by transporting patients and items; managing staff.
Patient Transportation Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes patient transportation human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves patient transportation operational objectives by contributing patient transportation information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining patient transportation system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets patient transportation financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Gets patients to correct location by studying patient service schedules; planning movement schedules; responding to special requests; designing and improving response systems.
- Transports patients and visitors by determining, evaluating, and scheduling van routes.
- Picks up and delivers items by developing courier services; responding to requests.
- Serves customers by surveying needs and requests; auditing and improving service.
- Keeps equipment operating by establishing and enforcing operating and preventive maintenance rules; arranging for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes patient transportation and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Supervision, Safety Management, Lifting, Customer Focus, Tracking Budget Expenses, Management Proficiency, Planning, Bedside Manner, Energy Level, People Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
Find out more about how to hire: