This firefighter sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Firefighter Job Responsibilities:
Protects citizens by extinguishing fires; executing rescues.
Firefighter Job Duties:
- Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards; enforcing codes.
- Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
- Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
- Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Provides information by completing reports.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills.
- Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Firefighter Skills and Qualifications:
Lifting, Physical Fitness, Decision Making, Handles Pressure, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity, Safety Management
Employers: Post a job in minutes to reach candidates everywhere.
Job Seekers: Search Firefighter Jobs and apply on Monster now.
Learn more about how to hire: