This computer operator sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Computer Operator
Computer Operator Job Purpose: Provides data by operating a computer.
Computer Operator Trainer Job Duties:
- Determines sequence of operations by studying production schedule.
- Prepares equipment for operations by accessing software in computer; loading paper into printers and plotters; preparing for output.
- Starts operations by entering commands.
- Maintains operations by monitoring error and stoppage messages; observing peripheral equipment; entering commands to correct errors and stoppages; reloading paper; making adjustments in process; notifying supervisor for additional resources.
- Documents problems and actions by completing production logs.
- Resolves user problems by answering questions and requests.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Data Processing, Data Center Experience, Informing Others, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Independence, Productivity, Confidentiality, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Problem Solving
Learn more about how to hire: