This admissions supervisor-hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Admissions Supervisor - Hospital
Admissions Supervisor - Hospital Job Purpose: Admits patients by supervising hospital admissions; maximizing patient third-party benefits; orienting patients, relatives, and families to the hospital admissions process and information requirements.
Admissions Supervisor - Hospital Job Duties:
- Accomplishes admissions human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets admissions operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets admissions financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maximizes revenues by tracking short-term and long-range patient-pay and third-party reimbursement issues; recommending potential opportunities; preventing revenue-reducing clerical and coding errors.
- Accomplishes high bed occupancy by following procedures and policies to assure high bed occupancy and control bed availability and patient traffic; identifying and monitoring potential problem clerical or system practices.
- Resolves admissions conflicts by identifying potential conflicts; analyzing issues; conferring with physicians on admissions priorities and bed availability; engaging others to obtain information or to offer assistance.
- Assures accuracy of patient data and fiscal information by conducting and reviewing daily audits of previous day's patient data and fiscal information.
- Monitors admitting trends by maintaining various categories of statistical data for utilization within internal reporting systems.
- Keeps patients, relatives, visitors, and admitting staff informed by communicating admitting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Enhances patient care delivery system by implementing admissions function interface with the nursing and professional staff; implementing admissions functions with the emergency room, maternity, out-patient clinic registration, outpatient surgery, and other special care units; maintaining bed reservations, financial reimbursement, and other systems.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by ensuring adherence to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Identifies current and future patient admissions requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients, their families, and relatives; conducting de-briefing sessions with staff; reporting findings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes hospital goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Health Care Administration, Patient Services, FDA Health Regulations, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Disciplining Employees, People Skills, Dependability, Professionalism, Interpersonal Savvy, Quality Management
Learn more about how the hiring process: