This administration secretary hospital sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Administration Secretary - Hospital
Administration Secretary - Hospital Job Purpose: Supports hospital administration by representing the administrators; controlling calendars; preparing reports and documents.
Administration Secretary - Hospital Job Duties:
- Represents the administrators to the public by handling and screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; receiving and announcing scheduled visitors; screening unscheduled visitors.
- Arranges appointments for administrators by maintaining master administration calendar; rescheduling appointments when conflicts arise.
- Provides office services support for administrators by inputting data; proofreading documents; gathering information; preparing reports; maintaining files; ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment.
- Enhances the hospital's customer service reputation by assisting patients, visitors, and physicians to resolve expressed concerns.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established procedures.
- Keeps information confidential by by following the employee confidentiality policy.
- Supports inter- and intra-departmental cooperation by contributing to effective working relationships.
- Accomplishes administration and hospital mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Administrative Writing Skills, Telephone Skills, Meeting Planning, Deadline-Oriented, Multi-tasking, Scheduling, Data Entry Skills, Professionalism, Attention to Detail, Organization, Dependability
Learn more about how to write a job description: