This accounts receivable supervisor sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Description: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Job Purpose: Obtains revenue by processing invoices; resolving missed payments; updating financial records; supervising staff.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor Job Duties:
- Accomplishes accounts receivable human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets accounts receivable operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets accounts receivable financial standards by providing annual accounts receivable budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Collects accounts by contacting customers referred by clerks; investigating circumstances of non-payment; negotiating and resolving conflicts; expediting payment.
- Supports financial planning by forecasting cash.
- Updates receivables by coordinating and monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting monthly account transactions.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Supervision, Staffing, Financial Software, Forecasting, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Managing Processes, Developing Budgets, Accounting, Thoroughness, General Math Skills
Find out more about compensation: