The sample interview questions below will help your interview preparation.
- Tell me about your previous work experience as a retail salesperson.
- What type of products and merchandise have you been most successful with selling?
- What do you know about this company’s products and services?
- What makes you a great candidate for this job in particular?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses when interacting with customers?
- What do you enjoy about working in retail sales?
- What have you done at your present/last company to increase revenues, reduce costs, or save time?
- Tell me about an experience where you felt you were at your best with helping a customer.
- Talk about a time when you were challenged in the sales process – why was that, and how did you handle it?
- What type of retail sales systems have you used in the past?
- How much did it require you to use your math skills?
- What was the management structure in your previous retail sales jobs?
- Did you work on a sales commission basis?
- What have you done to become a better retail salesperson?
- What type of schedule are you looking to work?
- Would you be available to work additional shifts?
Experts agree that a successful interview process should include a range of questions that help clarify the candidates’ attitude, to help you determine whether they are likely to be a good match for your company culture.
The interview should also include questions about the candidate’s skills and experience as related to the retail salesperson job description.
Next steps: Research the average employee compensation for Retail Salespersons in your area with the HR Salary Wizard®.
TargetPost™ job postings connect you with local skilled, hourly and administrative candidates at a competitive price and help simplify your recruiting process.